Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Articles of Faith...again

When I was reading Cynthia Gorney's Articles of Faith, I said I would update along the way. I didn't. In part because life happens and I was happy enough to be reading the text for later discussion if not immediate critique. I finished the book months ago but for one reason or another did not make it back here to analyze nor share the profound effect that this book had on me.

This book is lauded by many- it's hailed for being a truly unbiased account of the build up to and immediate after affects of the Roe v Wade ruling in the Supreme Court. In a very abbreviated fashion here are two things

1. The abortion "wars" have been and and will continue to be fought by those who without a doubt believe in and or abhor the right for a women to abort a pregnancy in the United States.

2. This issue will never be decided 100% in favor of or against a women's right to choose.

Number two is a pill that was very difficult for me to swallow. Never? The abortion wars will never be decided in this country? What? How can that be? Either a women has the right to terminate a pregnancy or she doesn't...right?


In my idea of a perfect world the women who are already born will without a doubt own and control the outcome of their bodies- period.

No comments:

Post a Comment