Thursday, December 2, 2010

All I want for Christmas...Part I.

Giving gifts can be difficult. Giving responsible gifts can be really difficult. While there are many options for giving environmentally friendly and fair trade gifts, especially within the last few years; I am having a hard time coming up with gifts for Feminists.

I am not talking about a t-shirt with the ever popular "If I had a hammer...(I'd smash patriarchy") or "Pro-choice not Pro Abortion" scrawled across the chest. I want more than "The Second Sex" and a poster with a clenched fist. Don't get me wrong, there are options to purchase products that have something to do with improving the lives of women through one avenue or the other and often donations made to a cause that's pro-women can do good in a tangible manner. I have looked through web sites like Bitch or Bust magazine and they do have merchandise (mugs, t-shirts and hats) which make for a decent stocking stuffer for your favorite Feminist.

I am on the look out for the perfect Feminist gift(s). Stay tuned for detail about what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment